Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rome's Baby Blessing


This was such an incredible day!  Little Rome Douglas was blessed, and we had so many friends and family members there to enjoy the occasion with us.  I started crying before we even got to church because I had been thinking about the events in mine and Enoch's lives that brought us to this day.  Even bringing Rome into this world was eventful!  Yet here we are, with this beautiful baby boy who was told in his blessing that he is here to "bond our blended family."   All 7 siblings in my family were there with their children & most of Enoch's family was there. Rome, or "Little Douglas", is named after his uncle and Grandpa Doug who have both passed away.   I know they were here celebrating also.

We almost doubled the church attendance that day!
Enoch's side of the family
My side of the family

2 comments:

Scott and Kristen Baker said...

What a splendid event! I'm so glad to see that you are happy and doing well. I only hope that I can increase my faith and follow your example. Hugs and kisses!

Malia said...

Talk about a BLESSING! What a precious moment. I am amazed at how your family came out to support in full force with all your siblings and their families attending. I am on the verge of tears just reading about it. That is a blessing in itself, what a special way to welcome baby Rome into his heavenly home on earth. Congrats Robey Ohana, much aloha...