Friday, February 27, 2009

Draper Temple!




When the LDS church opens a new temple, they allow for public tours before it's dedicated.  Enoch, my mother, and I took the kids to the Draper temple yesterday so they could experience it, and see why we love to go there so much.  They loved it!  There have been so many times that I have sat in the temple and felt so close to my Heavenly Father.  Enoch and I have sat together in the temple often to seek answers and guidance in our lives.  Having the opportunity to feel Heavenly Father's love, comfort, and reassurance at difficult times in that sacred place has brought us together as a couple more than anything else.  I'm so grateful for temples and can only hope and pray that our children take the opportunity to experience for themselves the spirit that dwells there.  I'm so grateful to my mother, who has been the most amazing example to me of finding joy in going to the temple.  Love you mom!

2 comments:

The Christensen Family said...

How fun... We are taking the kids next week I think. I have been meaning to call... Congrats on the boy -- but you already knew! ;) We love you guys!

Thorpe Family said...

YAY! I found your blog! Enoch was telling me about it at work! Cute posts! We really need to get together soon! Hope you guys can make it for conference! Hows the baby?