Monday, June 29, 2009

I can't believe I'm 30!!



Since I'd just given birth to Rome and am still recovering from hernia surgery, I'd almost forgotten about my birthday.   And I definitely wasn't planning on celebrating much.  But leave it to Enoch and my amazing friends to make sure I get to celebrate the big 3-0.  At midnight, Enoch took me outside to show me that our house had been attacked with signs and hearts and birthday wishes.  (Thanks Melissa, Lindsay, Jenny, Brandy, and Deanna!)  Then the kids brought me breakfast in bed early the next morning.  My mom and sisters and all the kids - nieces and nephews too - came to have a huge brunch with Swedish pancakes and bacon.  Yummy!  Then Enoch took me for "ice cream" but then decided he was really hungry, so we went to PF Chang's -my favorite - and of course several of my friends were there to surprise me.  I received more birthday wishes and phone calls then I could count -gotta love facebook for that :)  But I can honestly say I felt really loved.  I even got another cake and ice cream party at Enoch's mom's house on Sunday.  I'm extremely grateful to have so many people in my life who love me, and this was a reminder that I really needed.  Thanks everyone!  

4 comments:

Thorpe Family said...

Hope you had a GREAT birthday! Sorry we were in Layton for the weekend! We really wanted to come though! Cute pics!

Jeff said...

ahh! whatever! you dont look thirty! you cant be that old! :P (that's what your supposed to say when people say they think their old!)

Malia said...

That is awesome. What a great day! Welcome to the 30 club. I love it... 15 feels like yesterday!!!

Anonymous said...

aw...u hav a damnn fun life..nd i hope it stays that way..nd NO..u definitely do NOT look 3-0.
ur baby Rome is damn cute btw,...;)