Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Shadow-a-Parent at Work Day










Last week, on Wednesday Jan. 30th, Forest joined me for a day at the office! We had a lot of fun hanging out - especially during the lunch break! We went to the nearby mall, tried on crazy hats, played in the playground, and rode the Merry-Go-Round. And of course, I had to introduce her to one of my all-time favorite completely unhealthy snacks: Cheese-on-a-Stick. I love hanging out with Forest because she isn't afraid to be goofy with me! As one of my co-workers said, "Oh no - double trouble!"


In all seriousness, I never imagined I could love children so much, even though I didn't give birth to them. I really do love Forest, H1, and Brighton just as much as my own biological children. I feel so blessed to be a part of their lives. Little did I know that I would have the opportunity to love so many children in my life! Thanks to Michele- their biological mother- for allowing me to be another mom to them. And thanks to Lisa- for being such a great stepmom to my children- Hunter and Cassidy. Having a blended family comes with it's challenges but it's so nice to know there are so many people in the world who love the children I love.

3 comments:

Martineau Family said...

SO HAPPY TO SEE NEW PICTURES!!!! You girls are so funny!

Love ya!
Jen

Katie Torriente: said...

How fun! I love cheese-on-a-stick too! Such a yummy, but totally bad for you treat.

AMiller said...

How fun!! I remember shadowing my dad at work and all I saw him do was shred paper. (No, he didn't work at Arthur Anderson). Forest is such a cutie!