Monday, April 21, 2008

Figuring it out as I go . . .


Wow! It's been a while since I updated this site. I have no other excuse than, "I'm busy!" But anyone who knows me well enough, can definitely vouch for me on that one! I know it's a month late but I had to add the cute Easter picture. I love being a mom!

Reflections on the last month or two:

I think the one thing that comes to mind more than anything is how awesome Heavenly Father is! I've really been thinking a lot the last few weeks about the way God works, and how He loves us so much that he truly does care about each of our paths in life. I've been thinking about how different my life would be if I hadn't been on my knees praying in desperation for hope back in October of 2005. During that prayer, I received an answer that would change the entire course of my life. "Move - today." As scary as it was to leave the life I knew behind, I couldn't deny the strong impression I'd received. I moved that day, and cried for several days after because I didn't understand why. But within that week, blessings came in so many different ways. The most incredible blessing was meeting my husband - Enoch - exactly one week after moving! I had no idea I would marry him then, but months later I realized that had been part of God's plan for me all along. Anyways, I've just been thinking about that a lot lately. I've been thinking about the past couple years since then, and all of the amazing gifts in my life because of that one choice. I can't imagine life without Enoch and the three children I get to be a 2nd mom to. I've made so many incredible friends, and have learned many excellent life lessons.

Life is hard sometimes. Sometimes we're asked to do things that don't make a lot of sense! But it's so amazing to see in my life and in the lives of so many friends and family that Heavenly Father does really care. He loves us and wants us to grow closer to Him. Sometimes the only way for us to grow closer to Him is through the "Refiner's fire." And of course, just when we think we're figuring it out, we have other lessons to learn!

The other day I said to Cassidy, "Heavenly Father is pretty cool, isn't he?" And she said (with her 5-year-old-going-on-16-attitude) "Uh -ye-ah. Because - He like knows everything, and He knows what's going to happen. So all we have to do is trust Him."

If only I had figured it out that early!

1 comment:

Simply Sweet Marriage said...

I really admire you Tina. You have always had such a strong testimony of Heavenly Father...it is one of the first things I noticed about you when I met you! (As well as your big beautiful eyes). I was thinking that your hubby needs to take pics of what he does at work and write a paragraph...he he :)~Heidie