Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Cassidy!!


My baby is 6 years old today! I can't believe it. I look back on the last 6 years and they've flown by.
I thought it appropriate to start a tradition of posting my favorite things about each child on their birthday. So here are a few things I love about Cassidy:

1. She's really funny. She's extremely witty and sarcastic.
2. She loves to organize my closet, and gets mad if I put my shirts back in the wrong spot - they are all color coordinated!
3. She beats the whole family in the game "Memory," and I think she's even more competitive than I am.
4. She loves to go to bed early. Most nights she's begging to be able to go to bed by 7pm. "Please can I go to bed now?"
5. By the time I wake up in the morning, she's already finished her morning chart - (eaten breakfast, showered, hair done, etc.) and ready to go to school. I wake up at 6. It's no wonder why she likes to go to bed early!
6. She does her hair better than I do. She can paint fingernails better than I can too, not that it's much of an accomplishment, but for a 6-year-old it's pretty impressive!
7. She loves to cuddle.
8. She's tiny, but she keeps up with the boys. She loves to wrestle, always gets hurt, cries for a minute, but then gets right back in the game.
9. I was taking her shopping for her birthday yesterday, and instead of toys, she kept wanting to look at shoes. In that way she's nothing like me! Not sure if I'll love that so much later :)
10. She's so much girlier than I was, yet she rocks on her little four-wheeler and gets so excited to ride the dirt-bike. She says, "Mom, I think I'm part tom-boy."
11. She leaves love notes for me everywhere! I've found notes in my dresser, my car, purse, etc. She calls me throughout the day when I'm at work, just to say she loves and misses me.
12. She helps me remember where I put my keys and/or cell phone. If I need to remember something at the store, I ask her to remind me. Sure enough, she does. She always says, "Mom did you remember to bring . . .?" Hope I don't get in trouble with Child Labor Laws for using her as my assistant!!
13. She makes the boys cry. Why I'm happy about that, I can't quite figure out! But I'm glad she's tough - she's gonna need it in this world.
14. She's honest. Sometimes a little too honest! "Uh, are you really going to wear that shirt with those pants?" I really don't know where she came from! But I love her like crazy!!!
15. She's a constant reminder of what life is all about - striving to be with our familes forever. I just look at her - and the rest of my kids - and my heart burns, because I love them so much. Sometimes I get that glimpse - you parents know what I'm talking about. That glimpse of "recognition." It's like I can remember her from somewhere before this life. It's usually a particular facial expression that brings it on, but the feeling is so strong. I'm reminded that I'm not just her mother, but our souls are friends, and we were put on the earth together so we could help each other through this life.

I love you Cassidy - thanks for being such a wonderful daughter. I love you the most from coast to coast, east to west, north to south, to the moon, and all the way around the world and back again!



4 comments:

Sandgren Family said...

So cute! I think that is a great "new tradition" to have. She will love that when she is older and so will you. Thanks for the party. Gracie had a great time. Let me know if you need us to watch her for you. Gracie would love to have her come play.

Katrina

P.S. Clue was fun. Marty and I had a great time. Tell Enoch he is no longer allowed to kill me since the game is over.

Simply Sweet Marriage said...

Happy Birthday from the Lee's!!

Lisa said...

Hej Tina,
What a cute "baby" you have there. :) I'm so glad for you, it really seems like you've found peace and happiness in your life as a mother and wife... What a blessing! I just started a blog myself, most of the text is in swedish but you'll probably understand some of it anyway.. At least the pictures are "international", haha.. The address is www.lisaaslund.blogspot.com.
Love ya',
Lisa

J and J Bowen said...

hey Tina It's good to hear from you!! Your kids are beautiful and I'm so glad to see and hear how your life is so good these days. How'd you find us? who's our secret mutual friend. It's so funny to hear about these connections, thanks for saying howdy