Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy 11th Birthday Hunter Enoch!!





It seems like we've had so many Birthdays lately! Both Hunter Enoch (H1) and Enoch celebrated their birthdays this week, so I need to write what I love about them. Forewarning: It may be a long entry!

What I love about Hunter Enoch:
1- H1 is so intelligent. I could never go on the show, "Are you Smarter than a 5th grader?" because I know if I were competing against H1, I would lose!
2 - I love the sweet tenderness H1 has. He is aware of and really cares about those around him.
3 - H1 is a natural leader, and kids around him want to follow his every move. I love that he recognizes that and strives to be a good example.
4 - H1 has read more books than any child I know - and he challenges himself in his reading. I don't know any other child who's read "The Da Vinci Code" and actually understood most of it - scary!
5 - Even though he is so smart, Hunter is also really cool. He is your typical skateboarding, dirt bike riding, wakeboarding, video game-playing kid.
6 - I love that Hunter is the first one to say he's sorry when he realizes he made a mistake.
7 - I love that Hunter has so much faith. One time we had my friend's daughter staying the night, and she fell and hurt herself. Because it was late at night, she was so tired and we couldn't console her. She cried as I held for at least 20 minutes, and then H1 came up to me and said, "Let's say a prayer for her." I asked him to say it, and within the first 30 seconds of his sweet prayer, the little girl fell asleep, and was happy as can be the next morning.
8 - I love that H1 wants to be just like his dad - he loves to ride motorcycles, go shooting and hunting. Enoch especially loves that H1 was willing to sacrifice all of his birthday gifts for a .22!
(We went for the annual ski pass - not sure which one is safer . . !)
9 - Hunter Enoch has such a strong testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He bears his testimony often to others, and many people have commented on how their faith has been strengthened by him. One time, H1 got in front of the whole church congregation, long hair and all, and expressed his love and gratitude for his Savior. Our bishop said to us, Hunter is the perfect example of what we want our children to be like, and maybe we don't need to worry so much about deciding how childrens' haircuts or clothes are going to be, but it's more important to focus on helping them feel God's love for them.
10 - H1 has such a big heart, and is able to love all people.
11 - I love how H1 loves to be with his younger brothers. Sometimes when they're supposed to be sleeping, I hear the boys talking instead. When I was about get upset at them for not sleeping, I realized Hunter Enoch was telling Brighton and Hunter Eugene funny stories. It's become a fun tradition for them. One time I "caught" H1 reading scriptures to them.
12 - H1 is the oldest boy and will be able to carry the Robey name forward. I know that means a lot to his dad
13 - I love that H1 knows what he wants, and he will do everything he can to get it. That might be one of the biggest challenges for all his parents, but I'm glad that he's strong-willed!
14 - H1 has been through a lot in his life, but he's a fighter, and he's been such a good example of holding strong and keeping the faith.

I love you so much Hunt! Thanks for being such a good example to me, and allowing me to love you!

No comments: